SUPER BOWL GAMEDAY INFORMATION Craig Thomas
SUPER BOWL GAMEDAY INFORMATION FOR SPECTATORS
Security screening at MetLife Stadium will be significantly heightened for Super Bowl XLVIII. To provide a safer environment for the public and to expedite fan entry into stadiums, the NFL implemented a policy for all games this season that specifies the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums. This policy also applies to the Super Bowl.
All items carried by spectators will be carefully inspected and potentially not permitted into MetLife Stadium. The NFL strongly encourages fans not to bring any type of bag to the Super Bowl, but if necessary, those outlined below are permissible:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12” OR
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar), AND
• Small clutch bags, 4.5” x 6.5”, with or without a handle or strap, can be taken into the stadium with one of the clear plastic bag options.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after inspection at a gate designated for this purpose.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses or bags larger than 4.5” x 6.5”, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags/draw string bags that are not clear or exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, luggage of any kind, computer bags, binocular cases and camera bags, and large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers.
Prohibited Items in MetLife Stadium
The following list is a guide only for items that may not be brought into the stadium. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Alcohol – Food
– Animals (except assistive animals) – Footballs
– Banner (object that obstructs the view of another) – Fireworks
– Beach Balls – Frisbees
– Beverage – Laser Lights and Pointers
– Camcorders – Mace / Pepper Spray
– Any containers such as: aerosol cans, coolers – Noisemakers and Horns
of any size, bottles – Poles, Sticks, Missile-like
objects of any kind
– Tripods – Umbrellas
– Weapons, Knives and Explosives
Note: Prohibited items and items determined to not be appropriate for entry into the Stadium will be the responsibility of the ticketholder and cannot be accepted or checked by the NFL, MetLife Stadium or the New Jersey State Police. We urge spectators to secure these items in vehicles or their hotel rooms. The NFL, MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey State Police will not store prohibited items for spectators.
Cameras and Binoculars – Small cameras and binoculars will be allowed. No spectator cameras with lenses more than six inches (6”) long will be permitted. Camcorders will be prohibited. Binocular cases and camera bags are not permitted
The cooperation, patience and understanding of spectators is greatly appreciated by the National Football League, MetLife Stadium and the New Jersey State Police.
SECURITY SCREENING ON GAMEDAY BEGINS AT 2:00 PM.
FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO COME EARLY TO AVOID DELAYS AND SPEED THE ENTRANCE OF ALL SPECTATORS.